Thursday, January 31, 2013

Upcycle Thursday

Today I have more ideas for upcycled quilts.  I found this upcycled tie quilt that can be made as a memory quilt or you can get old ties at a thrift shop.  The string pieced quilt instructions can be found here .  The  diamond star english paper pieced quilt at darling adventures is also made of old ties.


 
 
 
Ties That Bind pattern by Due North Designs uses old ties in a "bow tie" pattern.

I have a basket of striped dress shirts from a friend who took early retirement from teaching high school (surprise) and have been wondering how to make them into a quilt.  I found this quilt idea there .  I think it looks great with the centres a solid fabric.  This will be one of my UFO projects for this year.  He has only been retired for 3 years - when did he expect to get the quilt - for a retirement present - yeah right!!!

Hope everyone has a great day and think about what you can make into a upcycled quilt.  Doesn't upcycled sound so much classier than recycled.  Recycled always reminds me of water bottles and tin cans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment