Monday, July 9, 2012

Design Wall Monday!

It has been a while since I posted.  We were away in Ottawa, Ontario for a wedding.  It was a 9-10 hour drive from our home (we added extra time for our Tim Horton's stops) and we hit a couple of thunder storms which slowed us down a little more.  When we were there the weather was great and we had time to do a bit of sight seeing before the wedding day. We managed to get in to see the Van Gogh exhibit at the National Gallery. Since we got back I have been sooo busy this is the first time I have had to get to the blog.

a view down the Rideau Canal that runs through the city

a view of part of the Parliament buildings


spider outside the National Gallery - unfortunately they were working on it so I didn't get a clear photo


I made a monogrammed pillow for the couple and since then I have been a little addicted to embroidering words hence my design wall photo.  Both pieces are hand embroidered on linen fabric and they will be made into pillows.  I did not back the linen with muslin before I embroidered them and I wish I had.  The monogram pillow I did back with muslin and it was much easier to keep square.  Oh well we live and learn.


Should I outline this one with black also???

Hopefully by the end of the week I will have these finished. 


I had to leave my baby behind so I took some pictures to take with me.

Have a great day!!

Elaine




1 comment: