Monday, February 6, 2012

Design wall Monday!!

Good morning,

I have something for the design wall this week!!!
I will be at our local quilt show in May trying to sell my patterns - I must say that I am a little nervous.
I have been designing some new patterns for the show and they will also be put in my etsy shop when they are done.  I only have about 11 weeks to the show and with all the new ideas I have I will have to be working 24hrs a day to get them all complete.
So I have decided that on Design Wall Monday I will show the pattern that I am working on that week.  I hope it will keep me focused and on track for the show.
This week is an applique and embroidery design I am calling "Spring Garden" (how original).  Anybody have any better ideas for a name, I am all ears. 

Also this weekend I finished the january piece for the Bead Journal Project 2012.  My intention for this years project is to mount the squares on a painted canvas to hang in my bathroom.(Is that weird??)
Hope you like it??
BJP2012- january

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Elaine

6 comments:

  1. Nope. Not weird at all. But, this piece looks like a big eye..a bird eye. Don't think about me saying that when you hang it on the bathroom wall!
    I like your bead color choices. It adds interest, yet a simple line for your eye to follow. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly what I thought too - certainly a friendly, exotic bird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job. I love all the blues. Where in Northern ON are you? I have a cottage near Burk's Falls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colors! It reminds me of a peacock feather.
    Marty S
    Crackpot Beader

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice colors and a definite center of interest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also had the first impression of an eye......but I can also see what Marty S. meant about the peacock feather. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete